The Creating an Active Asthma Friendly Environment for Children and Youth e-Learning module was adapted from Ophea’s Creating Asthma Friendly Environments for Children and Youth and was developed to increase awareness and understanding of what asthma is and the connections between physical activity and asthma. This e-Learning module also provides recommendations and resources for creating asthma friendly and supportive environments for children and youth with asthma to participate fully in physical activity in community, sport and recreation programs.
By the end of this e-Learning module participants will:
- Understand what asthma is and why it’s important to create an asthma friendly environment.
- Understand connections between physical activity and asthma.
- Have strategies for creating a safe and inclusive asthma friendly environment.
- Know how to support participants with asthma to be physically active.
- Become familiar with resources to support creating an active asthma friendly environment.
A certificate will be provided once the e-Learning module has been completed successfully.
Please note that this module will be available for enrollment until February 28, 2018 with completion required by March 31, 2018.