This Consultation is intended for individuals in organizations and communities who are interested in increasing physical activity.
This Consultation will:
- Provide an overview of the physical activity landscape in Ontario (and Canada);
- Lead participants through a step-by-step process to identify an appropriate strategy based on their needs and capacity, if needed; and
- Assist participants with the development of an implementation plan based on the identified strategy to increase physical activity within participants’ areas of influence.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Be familiar with the latest facts and stats about physical activity in Ontario and Canada as well as current trends and activities in the physical activity sector;
- Have identified, based on the needs of their organization/community (the “why” to do this work), an appropriate strategy to address physical activity levels.
- Be aware of trends and, potentially, new opportunities to increase physical activity within their organization(s) or the programs and services they deliver;
- Be aware of existing physical activity strategies (awareness, skill-building, supportive/built environment, policies), and resources;
- Have assessed their organizational capacity to implement new strategies;
- Know, through a detailed action planning process, what their next steps are to implement this strategy to increase levels of physical activity.
If you are interested in scheduling an in-person consultation, please contact PARC at email@example.com for pricing information.
This consultation is also available in French, Séance de consultation communautaire/organisationnelle : Déterminer, planifier et mettre en œuvre des stratégies en matière d’activité physique.